March at Westminster
While we are still limiting some gatherings due to Covid, there are opportunities to remain involved at Westminster during the month of March:
- Attend Sunday Morning Worship. We are continuing to meet corporately on Sunday mornings at 10am for Worship in our sanctuary. We are requiring that everyone remain distanced and wear masks while at Westminster, and continue to provide an overflow room in our Fellowship Hall with a LiveStream of the Service. Little Worship for young children is still being offered during this time. We will be taking communion this Sunday, and are doing so with pre-packaged cups and wafers. If you aren't able to Worship with us in person, you may click here to find us live online from 10-11am each Sunday.
- Read Gentle and Lowly. Our "Book of the Year" for 2021 is Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund. This will be the book that we will study when Sunday School resumes and one that we encourage our members to read, discuss, and think about. We have ordered a copy for each family in the church, so be sure to pick up your copy this Sunday.
- Mid-Week Youth Study. Our Youth (grades 6-12) are meeting at the church on Wednesday nights from 6:00-7:15 as they study apologetics in "Road Trip to Truth" with Josh and the other youth leaders.
- Youth Trip to Delta Streets Basketball Game. On Wednesday, March 3rd, the Youth will be going to cheer on the Delta Streets Lions as they face Jackson Academy in the first round of the MAIS Overall Basketball Tournament. The game will be at 6:00 pm at Pillow Academy. Youth will meet at the church at 5:00 pm to ride to the game together. A pass is required for entry, so be sure to let Josh know if you plan to attend. Admission cost is $10/student and there will be concessions at the game.
- Youth Trip to Jackson Ninja Warrior Course. Our Youth (grades 6-12) will travel to the Ninja Warrior Course in Jackson over Spring Break. Contact Josh for more information or if you would like to attend!
- Youth Service Opportunity. "You Matter Ministries" provides food for those who need it in our community. Our youth will be serving as a part of this ministry on Wednesday, March 31st. We will gather at St. John's to help prepare hot dogs, and then gather back at Westminster afterwards for our Mid-Week Study.
- Bring Diapers & Wipes for the Conrads. Due to Covid restrictions, we are not able to gather for our traditional "Diapers & Wipes" shower for Mary Grace Conrad, so we have set up a table in the gallery instead. Please remember to bring your items this Sunday, March 7th!
- RightNow Media. Remember that you have access to RightNow Media, often referred to as the "Christian Netflix." Here, you will find Bible Studies, devotionals, Studies for all groups and ages, Childrens shows, and more. Take this time to do a marriage study or family devotional. And there is an option to watch as a group, so find some friends and go through a study together! Let us know what you're enjoying right now! (If you've forgotten how to login, contact Kathryn Dyksterhouse for access information.)
- Begin reading for our Spring Women's Study. Although the start date is still TBD, our new books for our Women's Spring Study are in the office! You can start reading Luke 1-12 For You before the study begins. (Books are $10 each)
- Write a Blog Post. Write a Tuesday Tidings blog post about what the Lord is teaching you during this season. If you are interested in writing a post for the blog, contact Kathryn Dyksterhouse.
- Send a note or email to a member. Many in our congregation are feeling disconnected as we are not able to meet regularly. Drop a note or call another member to check on them and find out how they are doing.
- PRAY! Remember to pray for Richard, our leaders, our staff, our members, and our ministries. A weekly prayer sheet is included in the Westminster Weekly each week and it gives ideas about ways to pray and specific members and ministries/missions that you can pray for each day. During this time of seperation, it can be a lonely and isolating time. Let's not forget to lift one another up in prayer!