February at Westminster
Even though Covid has ensured that our calendar dates aren't filling up too much, that doesn't mean that the members of Westminster can't remain active in non-traditional ways right now! Here are a few ways that you can remain active in both Westminster and in your own Spiritual growth:
- Attend Sunday Morning Worship. We are continuing to meet corporately on Sunday mornings at 10am for Worship in our sanctuary. We are requiring that everyone remain distanced and wear masks while at Westminster, and continue to provide an overflow room in our Fellowship Hall with a LiveStream of the Service. Little Worship for young children is still being offered during this time. We will be taking communion this Sunday, and are doing so with pre-packaged cups and wafers. If you aren't able to Worship with us in person, you may click here to find us live online from 10-11am each Sunday.
- Mid-Week Youth Study. Our Youth (grades 6-12) are meeting at the church on Wednesday nights from 6:00-7:15 as they study apologetics in "Road Trip to Truth" with Josh and the other youth leaders.
- RightNow Media. Remember that you have access to RightNow Media, often referred to as the "Christian Netflix." Here, you will find Bible Studies, devotionals, Studies for all groups and ages, Childrens shows, and more. Take this time to do a marriage study or family devotional. And there is an option to watch as a group, so find some friends and go through a study together! Let us know what you're enjoying right now! (If you've forgotten how to login, contact Kathryn Dyksterhouse for access information.)
- Begin reading for our Spring Women's Study. Although the start date is still TBD, our new books for our Women's Spring Study are in the office! You can start reading Luke 1-12 For You before the study begins. (Books are $10 each)
- Write a Blog Post. Write a Tuesday Tidings blog post about what the Lord is teaching you during this season. If you are interested in writing a post for the blog, contact Kathryn Dyksterhouse.
- Send a welcome note or email to Anna Warren. Normally when a new staff person comes to Westminster, we would host a reception so that everyone would have a chance to meet and welcome him/her. Because of Covid, our opportunity to welcome our new Administrative Assistant and Financial Secretary, Anna Warren, is on hold. But Anna would still love to meet you in other ways! Drop her a note (804 East Park Avenue), email her, or give her a call in the church office (453-7608). Anna is getting settled in this week. We know that she'd love to hear from you!
- PRAY! Remember to pray for Richard, our leaders, our staff, our members, and our ministries. A weekly prayer sheet is included in the Westminster Weekly each week and it gives ideas about ways to pray and specific members and ministries/missions that you can pray for each day. During this time of seperation, it can be a lonely and isolating time. Let's not forget to lift one another up in prayer!
More in Westminster Presbyterian Church Greenwood
April 9, 2021April at WPC and Five Ways to Love Stateside Missionaries
March 23, 2021My God Is Big Enough
March 16, 2021Church Planting, Chick-fil-a, and your friends in Collierville: A 3 minute update on Trinity Church