An Update from the Reagans1
by Josh Reagan
Brothers and sisters,
As you all probably know, things have been super busy over the last few weeks, and Kathryn thought it would be good to give ya’ll an update on happenings with the Reagan family. So here we go:
- The Baby- Norah Grace is here! She was born @ 9:40 on June 7th; weighing in at 6.5 lbs. and measuring 20.2 inches long she is the smallest in the family. Christina was a trooper throughout the labor and is currently healing faster than she did with the boys. The Lord has been so gracious to us, and we need your prayers for Him to continue to sustain and provide for us. I especially need help with patience with Elijah and Jonah during this time. We want to raise them in the instruction of the Lord, but when I discipline them in anger I’m not modeling Christlikeness. Praise God we are declared Righteous by God on the basis of the finished work of Christ, and not by our faithfulness as parents!
- RTS- I want to start by saying THANK YOU to all of WPC. This has been the most encouraging & generous church body we’ve ever seen. Your generosity is a testimony to the Lord’s work in your hearts because it isn’t natural for people to be so selfless. I do understand that none of us is perfect, and there will be times when we fail one another but we must strive for unity. There is no way for us to pursue this seminary training without your help, and your love has overflowed into many thanksgivings toward the Father (2 Corinthians 8:15, 2 Corinthians 9:12, & Philippians 1:3-5).
- That my mind would be sharp and that I can absorb the material to be a better teacher of God’s Word.
- That I would not neglect my family during this time. This is going to take much discipline and need much grace to do this well.
- That my study would overflow into praise towards God. The end goal of all our study of Theology should be to the praise of His glorious grace.
- WPC youth ministry- We are so excited to start working with the youth @ WPC. I know there are big shoes to fill with the departure of the Kayser family, but I trust that God will use us to accomplish His will. This is such an honor to partner with you families in the instruction of your children. I hope my work with them will supplement the discipleship that is already going on in your homes. Please feel free to contact me with any concerns or ideas you have. There are so many voices competing for the hearts and minds of our children; they need solid ground to stand on and a compelling view of Christ to carry them along throughout life. Let us join in praying for gospel fruit in the lives of the kids as we plant gospel truth in their minds each day. We love you all and look forward to seeing you all in August!